Sunday, March 31, 2013

31 March 2013

So it finally broke me.  3 days ago, I had to leave work early.  The pain had started on Thursday night, but I thought I could just sleep it off.  Turns out, I was very wrong.  I woke up, still in pain, on Friday morning.  Got to work at 9, and ended up leaving at 11:15.  I hadn't even worked a full 2 weeks yet before I had to take almost an entire sick day.  It's so frustrating.  It makes me feel completely lousy.  It can't look good to my bosses, but at the same time, I can't help it.

It's an unfortunate truth that's been put right in my face.  I can't control this.  It's not up to me whether it's going to be a good day or a bad day.  And honestly, acknowledging this feels like admitting defeat.

Considering I just came to that realization right now, I'm going to stop writing for the moment & think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment