Friday, March 1, 2013

Post-Op: Day 1

So, my surgery was yesterday, making today Day 1 of my recovery.

I was diagnosed with Stage II endometriosis.  The surgeon removed cells from the ligaments that hold the uterus up, and from the back of my uterus.  There were no signs of adhesions.  The outlook regarding my future fertility seems to be good.

All in all, the news about what they found is great.

The pain isn't too bad right now.  I didn't end up having any of the shoulder pain that people get from the CO2.  No nausea so far, either.  Fleeting sharp pains come and go, but it's nothing unbearable.  I think the worst part was the severe dry mouth from the anesthesia.

I'm trying to rest up as best as I can.  It gets a little boring though.  Thank goodness for Netflix!

No comments:

Post a Comment